SOF is a Registered Not-For-Profit Organization Popularising Computer, Science, Mathematics and English Education among school children.
A non-profit organization established by leading academicians, scientists and media personalities with the aim of promoting science, mathematics and computer education, the Science Olympiad Foundation has been striving for over a decade to promote scientific attitude through innovative activities and use of IT in learning process that involve school students across the country.
In the present times when the world is totally pivoted on science and IT, it is pertinent to think and plan about the future - a future in which the children of the present shall be the leaders of tomorrow. Regular qualitative and quantitative assessment needs to be done at the national level in order to build up the scientific and IT talent pool. It is in this sphere that the role of SOF has been much appreciated over these last few years, so much so that highly reputed organizations like WIPRO, LG, Reliance, Aakash Institute, Vidyalankar Dnyanapeeth Trust, Resonance and MTG Learning Media have volunteered to support SOF's various programmes.
SOF's integrity and commitment towards the fulfillment of its objectives have been lauded by thousand of schooling institutions and millions of students who have directly benefited from its educative, informative and evaluative programmes. For the future SOF has several more innovative programmes lined up, which promise to bring about a sea change in the approach to science, maths and computer education.
- The key to having a large, exclusive scientific and IT talent pool for the future is seeking out, identifying young geniuses and providing them with a unique competitive platform where they can prove themselves. To further this cause SOF endeavors to:
- Identify and nurture future scientists, technologists and IT talent at school level.
- Encourage students' participation in national/international science and IT competitions/ programmes/events
- Instill a feeling of belonging to national and global science and IT fraternity.
- Infuse a healthy competitive spirit through reward based Contests/Olympiads.
- Bring about a transformation in the classroom approach to science and IT to make it more interactive, practical and innovative.
- Disseminate knowledge and information on the latest developments in science and technology.
- Project SOF as a Centre of Excellence that could cater to different schooling institutions in the areas of methodical research, new educational tools, special publications and expert advice.
SPHERE OF ACTIVITIES
All activities of the Foundation invariably aim at making learning an interesting and interactive process in which the learner is actually able to put his / her skills, memory, talent and knowledge to test.
For this the Foundation conducts workshops, seminars and science/IT competitions for students of different classes and age groups. Science workshops have already become a great success in several schools. The National Science Olympiad has proved to be a highly motivating and rigorous aptitude testing platform with special and exclusive focus on Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mental Ability. The National Cyber Olympiad focuses on logical reasoning, analytical skills and IT.
The International Mathematics Olympiad is a mean to identify and encourage the mathematical creativity of children through problem solving.