During the academic year 2016-17, over 42800 schools from more than 1400 cities registered and millions of students appeared for the six Olympiad exams. These Olympiads were conducted across 25 countries.
For the academic year 2017-18, SOF will spend over Rs. 15.2 Crores on awards, Scholarships, gifts & felicitations etc.
The following awards will be provided to the winners of Olympiads being held during the academic year 2017-18:
AWARDS/SCHOLARSHIPS - STUDENTS
- For NSO, IEO & IMO – International & Zonal toppers (in 20 zones) of classes three to twelve, awards will be provided to 2nd level winners.
- For NCO, IGKO & ICSO and class 1 & 2 winners of IEO, NSO & IMO – International & Zonal topper awards will be provided to 1st level winners as these are single level exams.
- Each winner will be entitled to one award for an exam. The winners will be entitled to the higher level award only. For e.g., the international top 3 rank holders will be entitled to awards based on their International ranks. Awards accruing to them for Zonal ranks will be given to the next rank holder. Similarly, school award accruing to a Zonal award winner will be given to the next rank holder.
|AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL|
|1st||Rs.50,000/- Each + Gold Medal*+ Certificate of Outstanding Performance||60|
|2nd||Rs.25,000/- Each + Silver Medal*+ Certificate of Outstanding Performance||60|
|3rd||Rs.10,000/- Each + Bronze Medal*+ Certificate of Outstanding Performance||60|
|AT zONAL LEVEL|
|1st||Rs.5,000/- Each + Gold Medal*+ Certificate of Zonal Excellence||1200|
|2nd||Rs.2,500/- Each + Silver Medal*+ Certificate of Zonal Excellence||1200|
|3rd||Rs.1,000/- Each + Bronze Medal*+ Certificate of Zonal Excellence||1200|
|4th to 10th||Gifts Worth Rs.1000/- Each + *Medal of Distinction + *Certificate of Distinction + **Certificate of Zonal Excellence||8400|
|11th to 25th||**Certificate of Zonal Excellence + *Medal of Distinction + *Certificate of Distinction||18000|
*Medal of Distinction + Certificate of distinction will be awarded for 1st level Ranks.
**Certificate of Zonal Excellence will be awarded for final Ranks.
In case two or more students achieve the same rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
International Winners -
- For up to 9 students getting same rank, award amount will be distributed equally. In addition, each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
- In case 10 & more students get same rank, in lieu of cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth Rs.1,000/- each + a medal ( in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
Zonal Winners -
- For up to 4 students getting same rank, award amount will be distributed equally. In addition, each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
- In case 5 & more students get same rank, in lieu of cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth Rs.1,000/- each + a medal (in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
1. 800000 Awards/Medals to school Toppers.
Medals will be awarded on following criteria:
- Where 10 or more students from one class (including all sections) write an exam - *gold, silver and bronze medals to top 3 rank holders.
- Where between 5 to 9 students from a class (including all sections) write an exam -* gold medal to the top rank holder.
- In addition to above, if section wise registrations are received and a section has more than 25 participants, top 3 rank holding students from such section will be awarded medals. This will be applicable for all sections where participants exceed 25 nos.
- All students whose sections are not indicated will be allocated section “X” by default
2. Student Performance Report (SPR) for each participating student.
- Every student who appears in any SOF-Olympiad exam is provided with a Student Performance Report (SPR). An SPR is a detailed analysis of how the student attempted the 1st level Olympiad exam.
- The objective of SPR is to share with the student and her / his parents, analysis of student’s answers. This is expected to enable the student understand her/his strengths and areas requiring improvement in absolute terms and also on a competitive scale consisting of lacs of students of her/his class who appeared for the Olympiad.
The SPR consists of six sections:
- Section A – provides the student’s marks and rank achieved in school / city / state / at international level.
- Section B – provides a comparison of the student’s performance in the Olympiad exams during the past 8 years.
- Section C – provides a topic wise performance score of the student.
- Section D – provides correct answers to questions asked in the Olympiad exam, the answers given by the student and performance comparison of the student’s answers vs other students in the state and at the international level.
- Section E – provides a percentile score analysis of the student with a comparison with the class, state and international percentile.
- Section F – provides a comparison of average marks analysis at the school, state and international level.
- Section G – Provide a topic wise performance comparison within state.
3. Participation certification to each student.
4. Merit certificate to 2nd level participants
5. Top 25 rank holders from each class & each Olympiad exam will be awarded Medals of Distinction. This will be applicable for winners from 20 Zones for performance in the 1st level Olympiads/ single level Olympiads.
*Medals are Gold / Silver / Bronze color plated as applicable
|AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL|
|CATEGORY||AWARDS||NO. OF AWARDS.|
|Best Principal||Rs.25,000/- Each + Citation + Trophy||10|
|Best Teacher||Rs.10,000/- Each + Citation + Trophy||50|