CRITERIA FOR QUALIFICATION FOR 2ND LEVEL OLYMPIAD EXAMS :
Students fulfilling either of the following 3 criteria's will qualify for 2nd level Olympiads exams:
- Top 5% of students, class wise who appear for the 1st level exam. due priority to marks scored in different sections will be given.
- Zone wise top 25 rank holders from each class.
- Class topper from each participating school where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores 50% qualifying marks. In case registration is received section wise, students with highest marks, irrespective of section will qualify for the 2ndlevel. For section wise registrations, winner(s) of gold medal may not necessarily qualify for the second level.
2nd level exam will be held for English, Science & Mathematics Olympiads (IEO, NSO & IMO) for students from class 3 onwards.
In case two or more students score same total marks, ranks will be awarded to student scoring higher marks in sections accorded higher priority, as under.
|2||Computer & Information Technology|
|3||Logical & Analytical Reasoning|
|FOR CLASS 11th &12th|
|4||Mathematics / Biology|
|2||Word & Structure Knowledge|
|4||Spoken & Written Expression|
|2||Quantitative Analysis/ Reasoning|
In case two or more students score equally in all sections, they will be accorded same rank.
CRITERIA FOR RANKING IN 2ND LEVEL OLYMPIAD EXAMS:
In case of level 2 exams, ranks will be accorded on the following criteria:
Total Marks scored in level 2 exam.
In case two or more students score same number of marks, ranks will be determined on following criteria:
- Marks scored in sections in level two exam accorded higher priority.
- Total marks scored in Level one exam.
- Marks scored in sections, in level one exam, accorded higher priority.
In case two or more students score same marks under all the categories above, they will be awarded the same rank.
CRITERIA FOR RANKING- SINGLE LEVEL OLYMPIAD EXAMS:
For NCO, ICSO & IGKO and class one & two students appearing in IEO, NSO and / or IMO exams, ranks will be accorded on the following criteria.
- Marks obtained in the exam.
- In case two or more students score same number of marks, ranks will be determined on the basis of marks scored in sections accorded more priority.
- In case of a tie marks scored by a student in previous class may be considered to determine rank.
- In case two or more students score same marks under both the criteria above, they will be awarded the same rank.
- In case of any confusion decision of the Academic Council will be final & binding.